Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Drifting Daisy writes on her blog



A small extract as a taster for you to go read more in Suzanne's blog:

...The next day we drove into Layounne to fill the trucks fuel tanks, all together just under 2,000 litres, and stock up on food for 3 days before heading across the desert.

A fresh trail of sweat rolls down my nose moments after wiping my face.

Feeling glued to the seat from the pool of sweat gathering under my bum I shuffle trying to get a breeze to dry out.

The tarp flaps noisily behind me as I stare out across the barren land flying past.

Its been the same for a good 30 minutes or more now; rocky with a scattering of sand and pitiful looking shrubs. I force down another gulp of the coldest water I can find. Mmm just like drinking bath water.

We’ve been driving across the Western Sahara for 2 days now. It seems like forever ago we’ve had a shower, we’re all a filthy sorry sight. My knotted mingy hair whips crazily in the wind, more sweat pours down my face and I smile. Its one of those smiles that you can feel in your stomach, deep and overwhelming. I’m constantly hit with that feeling of utter happy peace. I’m here, I’ve done it. Its been nearly 15 years since I knew I wanted to see Africa and no amount of a sweaty bum is going to ruin a single moment of this dream....







Who? Suzanne Miller, the creative, innovative, practical, joyous, raucous one who likes a good time, is caring, bold, outspoken, mischievous, dance-floor dominator
What? The cleaner, the organiser, the housekeeper of the truck
Where? Squamish Canada, The Pink Palace Corfu, wherever there is fun and laughter and a place to realise her dreams
Tattoos? live love laugh, Truth, Strength
Dreams? She's living them...

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Do you have a link to Suzanne's blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The link is in the title -- click on 'blog'

    But here it is again: http://ndoto86.blogspot.com -- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete