Sunday, January 15, 2012

Egyptian Discoveries no. 3*: Flying


Yes! A very Red Button discovery!
I went up in a hot air balloon over the Valley of the Kings - and soared like an eagle ---- I would have liked to say 'soared like a sacred ibis -- but I just know someone would have commented that ibises don't soar... What the heck! ----- and soared like a sacred ibis surveying my domain below me -- temples, tombs, palm groves, domed mud houses, shady courtyards and sunny roof gardens, drying maize cobs and soaking papyrus reeds, the mighty Nile and the sunrise over Luxor --- an exquisite way to start another day, whilst Horus was stroking the sky gently with the first rays of light as the giant doors to the east creaked open, and the goddess Nut reluctantly swallowing the moon in the west.
Pure magic!

































No comments:

Post a Comment