Sunday, August 14, 2011

Stuck, broken down and incapacitated alongside the road for a while --- but now, back in business!


More than a month ago, I started preparing an entry for the blog. It started like this:


Over the last few weeks there has been almost no time or opportunity to post updates on the blog. ...”


And then, out of the blue, I could not get into any of my email addresses, or my blogs, and eventually, even into my casual contact spot, FaceBook.


I opened a new email address and sent out an SOS to my children. Mat, my son-in-law in Sydney, spent probably more than 48 hours in total (he would not admit just how many) to retrieve my accounts – there is no direct helpline to google accounts and trying to get any assistance from Google has simply proved to be impossible. I am indescribably grateful to him.

Mat found that whoever was hacking my accounts was then reading our emails to each other and accessing information in them about what we were trying to do and about my other email addresses, so each time we made contact, yet something else became inaccessible to me. Why anyone would do this, remains a mystery to me. I know people say to be careful in case people hack your email and get to your banking accounts and other sensitive sites, but one has to wonder why he or she would then also hack my various blogs? It was incredibly cleverly done – so hats off to this person, but it was also very maliciously done, and for I will not even deign to comment.


Mat had advised that I wait until we are out of Central/West Africa before using my blog again, but we have been stuck here for so long, waiting to obtain Angolan visas, that I have now run out of patience. I am so far behind with news of our ongoing journey, and realised this morning that I am now on page 23 of my writing since the last full moon!


So now – in advance – I apologise for the backlog, and I will try to space the entries, so that they don't become too long and boring for you to read. However, there will probably be a reference in at least every entry about the visa issue, which may, by the very nature of it featuring in every entry, seem disconnected at first. I shall therefore see if I can have those references in a different font or colour or done in some way to make sense to the reader...

No comments:

Post a Comment